January 24, 2016

Maze Runner Fanfiction- "The Second Chance part 8"

Here's part 8 just as I promised! Sorry it's a little short this time but I have a little something for you in a few days. I think I enjoyed writing this one more than I should have. As always don't forget to comment your thoughts and feelings! How do you feel about my little cliff hanger? Any predictions or ideas?

part 1
part 2
part 3
part 4
part 5
part 5
part 7
part 9


           The Second Chance Part 8

“Newt, we need to talk,” Thomas sighed as he pulled out of the school parking lot. It had been exactly one week since the boys told the school about them. 

“Yeah Tommy? What is it?” Newt asked innocently from the passenger seat. 

“What's going on Newt? I can tell when something’s bothering you,” Thomas stated. 

“I don't know what you're talking about. I'm fine,” he protested. 

“Come on Newt, all week you won't sit next to me or talk to me or do almost anything involving me at school. You know you can tell me anything, so just spill it,” the younger boy explained. 

“I'm sorry Tommy. It's just… Gally, Sony, and everyone else. I can't stand them mocking and making fun of us,” he confessed. 

“And you thought that if we didn't act like a couple, let alone friends who’ve known each other for 16 years, they would stop?” Thomas asked with a questioning laugh. 

“Well when you put it that way… it's just been hard for me, ok? I wish we could just have one day with no one making kissing sounds behind our backs, or making crude remarks about us!” The Brit sighed and ran a hand through his thick blond hair. 

“And you don't think it's been hard for me too? I've got Carly practically breathing down my neck all the time, and Gally doesn't like me either in case you've forgotten!” Thomas said, getting annoyed. He continued when Newt didn't respond. “You don't see me avoiding you in the hall, do you?... Maybe you just aren't as dedicated to this relationship as I am.”

“Pull the car over… I said pull the car over!” Newt suddenly demanded. Thomas did as he was told. 

“Newt, what are you doing?” Thomas asked as Newt reached for his backpack. 

“Don't ever talk to me about not being dedicated.” 

“Newt-” Thomas reached for his boyfriend's hand. 

“No! Thomas. No... I sat, every bloody day in that hospital room by your side! I didn't eat, I couldn't sleep. I stopped going to school, risking my bloody graduation because I couldn't stand the fact that you might not wake up. And it was my fault! It could’ve been months, years. And I was there every single second they let me be! If that's not bloody dedicated enough for you than I'm sorry!” Newt yelled as he got out of the car. He slung his backpack over his shoulder and slammed the door shut. Turning around quickly to avoid the brunette’s expression. The older boy started speed walking away. He didn't want Thomas to see as tears rolled down his hot cheeks. Or notice his slight limp acting up, another reminder of the accident. He stopped when Thomas had finally gone and his legs gave way. As he slumped to the hard ground, the blond curled up against a building. The brick was cool and felt good against his warm body. Newt shakily wiped at his wet face and urged himself to calm down. What had he done?