January 31, 2016

Maze Runner Fanfiction- "The Second Chance Part 9"

Ok everyone here's part 9!!! There are only a few chapters left so I hope you enjoy them! Don't forget to comment or email your thoughts and ideas, I'm excited to see how you perceive my story. If you like the story share it with your friends, or let me know you liked it! I always open to new story prompts, they don't have to be au (alternative universe) or maze runner! Well, I'll stop talking now and let you enjoy. 


          The Second Chance part 9

The boys didn't talk much that weekend. Newt told his mom Thomas was sick, to avoid a very awkward conversation with her. Now, he was sitting through a painstakingly long assembly at school for the seniors. They were rambling on about the importance of attendance, and Newt tuned them out. He was thinking about how bad he felt for storming out on Thomas like that. The brunette had tried talking to him, but Newt wasn't ready to listen. Now he wanted to apologize, but he didn't know if Thomas would want to hear it or even believe him. Plus, Newt couldn't just erase how Thomas hurt him, it wasn't that simple. Was it? Sure he and Thomas have had arguments in the past, but this was different. This was couple Newt and Thomas. Four girls walked out onto the stage and broke Newt out of the helpless daze he was in. He listened intently to what they had to say as an idea formed in his mind. For the rest of the school day Newt was too distracted to pay attention in his classes. Everything had to be just perfect when he did it.

Thomas drove them home that day and Newt could barely stand the tension between them. When they arrived, the boys went their separate ways. After an hour or so of homework and overthinking Newt acted. He went to his window and opened it. Thomas was on the other side at his desk which faced Newt. He leaned out and knocked on Thomas’s window. Normally he would just open it, but he didn't want to impose after not talking for three days. Thomas looked up questioningly and hesitated before opening his window. 

“Look Thomas. I'm sorry, I shouldn't have been ignoring you. Or snapped at you. Or not listen when you tried to talk to me. I was thinking about me and my problems and not about us,” Newt blurted before the other boy could say anything. Thomas’s expression remained blank as Newt spoke, but then it softened. 

“Thank you Newt… But I should be the one apologizing. I had no idea how much you went through when I was in the coma. You shouldn't blame yourself for what happened, all you did that night was voice how you felt. I should have thought before I spoke… If you want to keep our distance at school I think I can do that,” Thomas replied thoughtfully. 

“That means a lot Thomas, thank you. You did really hurt my feelings back there. But actually, I want to do the opposite. As you know, prom is coming up. And at the assembly today they said it doesn't matter what grade the person I take is. So Thomas, would you go to prom with me?” Newt subconsciously held his breath while Thomas answered.  

“Newt, of course I'll go to prom with you! But are you sure about this?” 

“Yes, I'm absolutely sure. I need to prove something to myself,” Newt smiled and took Thomas’s hand through the window. “Plus, we haven't had an actual proper date yet!” 

“You're right, we haven't! Now grab your homework and get over here!” Thomas replied happily. Newt did as he was told, handing his backpack across the gap between their windows before climbing across. 

“I missed you Tommy!” The blond said cheerily and he gave Thomas a peck on the cheek. He was overly excited that Thomas had accepted his apology. Not to mention said yes to prom. Newt went to bed that night feeling way better than he had in a long time. He was going to show the school, and himself, that he could handle a little judgment.