January 4, 2016

Maze Runner Fanfiction- "The Second Chance Part 6"

Here's part 6 everyone!!! Hope you like it! Part 7 will be coming very soon. Don't forget to comment your thoughts, wether it be helpful criticism, your favorite part, or an idea for a fanfiction. I'm really interested to hear what you think! Well, here you go!

Click here for a link to part 1
Click here for a link to part 2
Click here for a link to part 3
Click here for a link to part 4
Click here for a link to part 5
Click here for a link to part 7
Click here for a link to part 8
Click here for a link to part 9


           The Second Chance part 6

It was late Wednesday night, and the boys were sitting on the floor of Newt's room. Books and papers splayed across the soft carpet as they silently attacked their homework with vigor.

“That's it, I'm finished! I'm bloody caught up!” Newt slammed his textbook closed, and sighed blissfully when he heard the pleasant sound it made, as if to declare victory over all the homework he had just completed. 

“That's great Newt!” Thomas looked up from his own work and smiled softly. 

“Oh, sorry Tommy. I didn't mean…” Newt trailed off. 

“No, it is great! And in celebration, I think you need to come here,” He smiled devilishly. 

“Ok…” Newt hesitated before crawling across his bedroom floor and plopping down in front of his boyfriend, waiting for the inevitable. Thomas cupped his hand around Newt’s neck and pulled him closer. 

“Condragulations Newt,” He whispered against Newt’s lips before pressing their mouths together. Newt melted into the kiss, putting his hands around the younger boy’s neck. Thomas’s fingers played with the ends of the blond’s hair when a click sounded from across the room. 

Before the boys could pull themselves apart, the bedroom door swung open. Thomas and Newt blushed a deep shade of red as they swung around to look at Newt’s mom, Gwen, standing awkwardly in the doorway. She was silent for a moment, before smiling at the boys and giving a slight node. 

“Ok. Ok,” she said, more to herself than to them. 

“Mom!” Newt yelled, horrified at what just happened. This was not supposed to happen in this way. 

“I ah, came up to see if you guys wanted cookies. I just baked some.” She gave another quick node and turn to go, closing the door behind her. 

“Sorry Newt,” Thomas forced a small smile onto his face for Newt. 

“No, no. It's ok. And it's not like it's your fault. They were going to find out sometime,” Newt sighed and pulled Thomas to his feet. 

“So will everyone else…” 

“Do you think we should-”

“Tell them?” 

“If their going to find out, I'd rather it not be like this.”

“Yeah… We’d never hear the end of it.” 

“Wanna go get some cookies?” Newt asked, quickly changing the subject. The boys went down stairs and joined Newt’s family in the eating of cookies, avoiding eye contact with the Brit’s mom at all costs. 

Even later that night, after Thomas went home, Newt’s parents called him into their bedroom. 

“Newt, we just want you to know you can tell us anything. And we fully support you,” Gwen started. 

“You don't have to hid your feelings from us, or anyone. It's ok if you're... gay,” his dad continued. 

“Um thanks. Can I go now?” Newt was growing uncomfortable. His parents’ acceptance meant a lot, but in this moment all he wanted to do was melt into a puddle on the floor and disappear.   

“Just one more thing, and only because I'm curious, how long has this been…?” Newt's mom trailed off.

“Only a few weeks mom, gosh. Can I please go now? I've ah, got a big test tomorrow, and I need to get some sleep.” Newt knew he was blushing, which didn't make this any better. 

“Ok, go on,” his dad relented. 

 “We love you!” Gwen called as Newt walked away. 

“Love you too.” Newt went into his room and leaned against the closed door. He didn't mean to be rude to his parents, but he couldn't stand there any longer, listening to them go on and on about acceptance and individuality. “Oh shuck it Tommy. What are we going to do?” Newt murmured to himself as he got ready for bed. 

“What was that?” A familiar voice came from across the room. 

Newt went to his window and leaned over the edge. “It was nothing, never mind. How long have you been there?” 

“Not long. Hey Newt, can I ask you something?” Thomas sighed. 

“Anything!” Newt replied, worried by the look on Thomas’s face. 

“I was thinking, since your parents know, it's not going to be long until my parents find out. And well, I think I want to tell them. And I wonder if you could be there?” Thomas leaned out of his window and looked hopefully into Newt’s blue eyes. 

“Wow Tommy. Yeah, sure. Of course I'll be there. When are you planning on doing it?” Newt didn't know what he had expected Thomas to say, but it wasn't that. 

“Well, my parents are already asleep. So I don't know. Sometime tomorrow I guess,” Thomas shrugged as if it was no big deal, but his face said the opposite. 

“Don't worry about it Tommy. My parents just talked to me about it, and it wasn't too bad. I mean, I wanted to shrivel up in a cave of embarrassment and never come out. But thinking back on it, it wasn't too bad,” Newt did his best to cheer him up. 

“That's not helping!” Thomas cringed. 

“Oh bloody hell Tommy, I'm bad at this!” He whined. 

“You know, I love it when you go all British on me,” Thomas grinned. “How long has it been since your last visit to the UK, and somehow you still have that beautiful accent?” 

Newt blushed and he leaned across the gap between their windows. Thomas met him halfway, and they shared a meaningful goodnight kiss.

“Goodnight Tommy!” Newt closed his window and crawled into bed. Maybe it didn't matter if people found out. Thomas would still be his Tommy, and no one was going to change that. 

---

After school on Thursday Thomas drove them home to his house. 

“Hey mom, dad?” Thomas called as he locked the door behind Newt. 

“Hi honey, how was your day?” His mom asked from the kitchen. 

“Um, it was fine. Is dad home? I ah, I really need to talk to you guys,” Thomas looked anxiously down the hall for his dad. 

“Yeah he's here. Is something wrong Thomas?” His mom dried her hands and went over to them. 

“No nothing's wrong. There's just something I need to tell you guys.” Thomas looked over to Newt and he gave a reassuring node. 

“Ok. Well your dad’s up stars, I'll go get him.” She patted Thomas on the shoulder and went to find his father. Newt and Thomas sat on the soft couch in the living room. 

“You sure about this Tommy? You seem pretty nervous,” Newt nudged Thomas with his shoulder. “You know you don't need to do this just because my parents know.”

“No, I want to do this.” Thomas’s parents came down the stars and joined the boys in the living room. 

“What did you want to talk to us about Thomas?” His dad asked, sitting down. 

“Well um, I couldn't think of a better way to say this so here goes,” he started, standing up. “Newt and I, we’re ah, together. Like, together together. I just thought, maybe you should know.” Newt stood and took Thomas’s hand. 

“Thomas,” his mom smiled. “You weren't really this nervous to tell us we're you?” His mom laughed. 

“Well, yeah kind of,” he saw no point in lying. 

“Oh honey, you don't need to be nervous to tell us anything!” She exclaimed. “We love you all the same.” 

“Your mom’s right Thomas. So who else knows about you two?” His dad smiled. 

“Well just my parents, but I think that may change soon,” Newt answered, smiling at Thomas. 

“Well that's sweet. We'll let you guys have a minute,” his dad smiled knowingly and left the room, dragging his wife with him. 

After they had gone, Thomas turned to the older boy. “Thanks Newt. I'm sure glad that's over! Do you really think we should tell people?”

“Well, I think our friends at least deserve to know,” he replied. 

“And you know Minho and Frypan couldn't  keep a secret to save their soles,” Thomas chuckled. 

“So does this mean we agree, we're going to tell everyone? I don't want to do anything you don't want to.” The blond sighed. 

“We’re on a roll, why stop now?” Thomas attempted to joke. 

“Alright then Tommy. Tomorrow at lunch,” Newt concluded. The boys took their backpacks and a snack up to Thomas’s room to start their homework. Tomorrow was going to be interesting.